THESE JACK SKELLINGTON-INSPIRED PUMPKIN ONIGIRI ARE FIT FOR A PUMPKIN KING
Boys and girls of every age, wouldn’t you like to see something delicious?
by Disney Family
Halloween season is here at last, which means it is time to sit back and chill with Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas! We just love Jack Skellington and his kooky ways. For a healthy snack to take with you on your long night of trick-or-treating, try these Pumpkin Onigiri inspired by none other than the Pumpkin King himself!
Jack Skellington Onigiri | Serves 6
- For the rice ball
- 2 cups uncooked Japanese rice
- 2 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- 1/4 medium-sized pumpkin (Kabocha, also known as Japanese pumpkin, works best!)
- For decorating
- Black sesame seeds
- 1 large sheet of nori
NotesAll cutting and use of cooking appliances should be done by an adult.
9. Repeat the steps until you get 6 rice balls.
10. Decorate your rice balls with seaweed. Cut a long, thin strip for his mouth and shorter strips for the stitches. Then, cut two small ovals for his eyes. Finally, use two black sesame seeds for his nose.
11. Plate them and enjoy this healthy snack that is perfect for Halloween – and after!