THE AURORA-INSPIRED TOTE BAG THAT YOU CAN MAKE FOR YOU AND YOUR BESTIES
By Disney Style
Let’s celebrate the 60th anniversary of Sleeping Beauty in style!
Make it pink! Make it blue! Why not make it both? Inspired by Aurora, we show you how to create a tote bag reminiscent of her iconic colour-changing dress. Minimal with soft pastel tones, this is a tote bag that you can take with you everywhere – or you can make it as gifts for your fellow Aurora fans! See how to make this easy project below.
What You’ll Need
- Tote bag
- Blue, red and white paints
- Water and/or textile medium
How To Make It
- Prepare shades of baby blue and pink by mixing red and blue with generous amounts of white paint. (Tip: You’ll want to aim for a darker shade than what you plan on using as you will be diluting the paint with water later on.)
- Once you’ve prepared your paint, add a quarter cup of water to each paint colour. Mix thoroughly. If you’re using textile medium, add three tablespoons of water to one tablespoon of textile medium.
- Wet a broad paintbrush and dip it into your pink paint mixture. Beginning from the bottom of the tote bag, begin painting long, upwards brushstrokes on the left side of the tote bag. Add extra layers of the paint to the bottom half of the tote bag to create a gradient effect.
- Repeat the previous step with the blue paint on the right side of the bag.
- Before the paint dries completely, dip your brush in clean water and slowly begin blending the paint in the centre of the tote bag, once more using upward and downward brush strokes.
- Let the paint dry.
- To add more Aurora details, considering adding an outline of Aurora’s golden crown. Get creative!